Monday, September 21, 2009

Karma, or “A short story about material goods and blisters”

Been longing for a certain pair of lovely overly-expensive shoes. Lovely shoes go on sale...super sale, I might add. They are entirely work-appropriate...and on sale! Hello! Thus, I can justify purchasing the shoes.

Riding to work on a Monday morning smiling at the world, wearing my fabulous new shoes...life is good. Moped begins to slow down...I give it more gas...still slower...and then it dies. In rush hour traffic. Not okay. Now I have to push my moped down the mucky road, stepping in puddles in my new shoes, cars flying by.

My new shoes make the rest of the journey to work on the Bus, and then by walking 4 blocks uphill in the rain drizzle, but I'm not complainin'! I may now have new-shoe blisters and unhappy feet... But they sure do look cute. :)

Happy Monday! I hope you are wearing your happy shoes today!


Here they are! Haha, I think I am the only girl in America to long for FLATS! But oh the buckle...and the rubber bumper heels that unfortunately you cannot see in this pic.

3 comments:

kitzie shepard said...

i want a picture of the shoes...gotta see them to get the full image.
continue to buy yourself nice things- you deserve it!

AmzgYen said...

Ditto- Where are the shoes? Are they green?

Architreks said...

Shoe pics are coming, I promise! And no, they are not green... but that would be awesome!