Friday, July 24, 2009

6 Years of Island Style

6 years ago today Ethan and I left LA on an airplane and flew due West over the Pacific. I still remember surveying the glistening city of Honolulu as we approached...all shimmering, and blue, and big. I tried to make it sink in that I live here now.



We left our car at a dock somewhere in Long Beach, our friends and family back in the South, and our life as we knew it on the Mainland.

I'm not sure what I expected from life in Hawaii. I was just a 23-year old looking for adventure and taking a chance on love. I'm still not sure what I expect from life here, but I am surprised that 6 years have passed! We have definitely been having some fun!

This morning the first song I heard was the "Badfish" cover by Jack Johnson. It felt like an acknowledgment from the island gods , a small nod to this Southern gal's existence on an island for over half a decade. You many know that I have a mix of emotions right now about life, career, and finding a place where it's all balanced. But whatever and wherever life takes us, I am extremely grateful for these years living with "the reef underneath my bed."

6 years of memories, great times, amazing friends...lucky we live Hawaii. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Sheena Shepard said...

Stacey, I have spent an hour or so reading your blog for which your mom sent me the address yesterday. I found it very interesting!
Aunt Sheena

Architreks said...

Hi Aunt Sheena! I'm so glad she sent it to you, I thought I sent it out to the fam a while ago but apparently I didn't! You can find Kitzie's blog on here too.

KevinandSpring said...

Congrats guys, awesome collection of pics. We can't wait to get back there and visit. Hope to see you soon.

Spring and Kevin